INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC) OF IMERT
Vision of IQAC:
- To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for IMERT through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
Objectives of IQAC:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC:
- a) Development and application of quality benchmarks
- b) Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- c) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- d) Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- d) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- e) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- f) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- g) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- h) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- i) Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- j) Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
Benefits of IQAC:
- i) Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- ii) Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- iii) Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- iv) Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- v) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- vi) Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.